Smart Building Technology
Smart building technology and upgraded building management systems have improved the energy efficiency of our campus infrastructure.
This technology uses a variety of sensors to automate air flow, temperature and air pressure to keep buildings comfortable; and reduces emissions by improving the efficiency of mechanical systems such as boilers and chillers.
- Buildings: Badger Laboratory, Davies Building, Ingkarni Wardli/Engineering North and Schulz Building
- Cost: $2,616,275
- Lifetime savings: $4 million
- Lifetime energy savings: 58,099 GJ
- Lifetime GHG emission reduction: 7,908 tonnes CO2-e
- Average payback period: 10.4 years
To learn more about the project, contact Libby Hogarth, Sustainable Development Planner.
This project was Highly Commended in the Green Gown Awards Australasia 2017.