Take Action and Get Involved
Every day we have choices in the way we live and work: make your choices sustainable ones.
There are dozens of ways you can get involved in sustainability action on-campus, at home and within the community. Whether you are a staff member or student, there are Ecoversity programs to fuel on-the-ground action and collaborative problem-solving.
Contact us for information about funding, opportunities, activities and events.
- What You Can Do
- Reduce your carbon emissions by walking, riding a bike, or catching public transport
- Eat local and seasonal food and eat less meat
- Recycle what you can to help reduce landfill e.g. cans, paper, bottles, glass, batteries and electrical waste
- Remember your reusable shopping bags when you go to the shops
- Turn the lights off every time you leave the room
- Buy recycled paper and ethical office supplies
- Offset your carbon emissions when flying
- Turn off your computer when you're not using it
- Stop buying bottled water and fill up a reusable drink bottle instead
- Use a reusable coffee cup (e.g. KeepCup) rather than disposables
- Choose videoconferencing and other technological solutions to reduce the amount of travel
- Be vocal about sustainability - talk to your friends and family about what they can do
- Join a sustainability-minded student group, like the Adelaide Sustainability Association or Fair Trade Collective
- Sign up on our home page to receive the Ecoversity monthly newsletter
- Get involved with Ecoversity events on campus, such as Ride To Uni Day or a Reuse Event