Get involved with Ecoversity!
Everyday we have choices in the way we live and work: make your choices sustainable ones.
There are dozens of ways you can get involved in sustainability action on-campus, at home and within the community. Whether you are a staff member or student, there are Ecoversity programs to fuel on-the-ground action and collaborative problem-solving.
Contact us for information about funding, opportunities, activities and events.
- What You Can Do
- Reduce your carbon emissions by walking, riding a bike, or catching public transport
- Eat local and seasonal food
- Recycle everything to help reduce landfill e.g. cans, paper, bottles, glass, aluminum and electrical waste
- Remember your green shopping bags when you go to the shops
- Turn the lights off every time you leave the room
- Kick your under-desk bin and instead use a nearby recycling station to dispose of your waste
- Buy recycled paper and office supplies
- Offset your carbon emissions when flying interstate or overseas
- Apply for funding for an on-campus sustainability project through the Green Project Fund
- Turn off your computer when you're not using it
- Stop buying bottled water and fill up a reusable drink bottle instead
- Use a Keep Cup (reusable coffee cup) rather than disposables
- Carpool with friends and work colleagues instead of driving solo
- Choose videoconferencing and other technological solutions to reduce the amount of travel
- Be active about sustainability:- talk to your friends and family about what they can do
- Eat less meat
- Join a sustainability-minded student group, like the Adelaide Sustainability Association, Fair Trade Collective or Environmental Collective of Students
- Sign up on our home page to receive the Ecoversity LOUD online newsletter
- Get involved with Ecoversity events on campus, such as the Ride To Uni Day or a Reuse Event
- Have a designated section of an office bulletin board for posting sustainable tips and information about green practices and events - contact us if you need help with this.