Funding to Attend Sustainability Events
$10,000 is available this semester for undergraduates to attend sustainability-related conferences, seminars and events.
To be eligible for an Ecoversity Award of up to $2,000, students must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate in a sustainability-related degree including, but not limited to, Bachelor of Environmental Policy & Management, Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical & Sustainable Energy), Bachelor of Architectural Design and Bachelor of International Development.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a short survey and may be asked to participate in promotional activities for future funding rounds.
Be inspired, build knowledge and start developing your professional network!
Read about the experiences of 2016/17 funding recipients.
Applications for Semester 2 funding is open now and will close on Friday 27 July 2018.
What Can Funding Be Used For?
Funding can be used for:
- Event registration
- Travel (flights, car hire, public transport)
- Meals and incidentals
Where Can I Go?
The world is your oyster! The intent of the Award is to provide opportunities for undergraduates to increase their knowledge in a professional and extra-curricular capacity, so provided you can give us a compelling argument as to how the experience will benefit your studies and/or future career, your application will be considered. If you are applying for an overseas event, you will need to be even more clear.
Suggested conferences and events in Semester 2, 2018 include:
- Australian Campuses Towards Sustainability Conference (Adelaide, October 2018)
- All-Energy Australia (Melbourne, October 2018)
- Australian Clean Energy Summit (Sydney, July 2018)
- EIANZ Conference (Sydney, October 2018)
- Eco Architecture: International Conference on Harmonisation between Architecture and Nature (New Forest, UK, October 2018)
- International Conference on Sustainable Development and Planning (Siena, Italy, September 2018)
- International Conference on Waste Management and the Environment (Seville, Spain, September 2018)
How to Apply
- Complete all sections of the Application Form. Ensure you include a link to the conference.
- Attach relevant supporting document
- Attach a short letter of recommendation from a Faculty member supporting your application
- Email all documentation in one PDF file to email@example.com. You will be notified by email when your application has been received.
A panel will assess the applications and applicants will be informed of the outcome by email, within two weeks of the due date.