Funding to Attend Sustainability Events
$20,000 is available annually for undergraduates to attend sustainability-related conferences, seminars and events in Australia and abroad.
Be inspired, build knowledge and start developing your professional network today.
To be eligible for an Ecoversity Award of up to $2,000, the applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate in a sustainability-related degree including, but not limited to, Bachelor of Environmental Policy & Management, Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical & Sustainable Energy), Bachelor of Architectural Design and Bachelor of International Development.
$10,000 is available each semester.
Successful applicants will be required to produce a 1-page reflection or 60 second video submission within 1 month of attending the event, detailing their experience and how the knowledge gained from attendance will benefit their studies. Students may also be asked to participate in promotional activities for future funding rounds.
Read about the experiences of 2016/17 funding recipients.
Applications are being accepted from Friday 10 November 2017 until Friday 9 March 2018.
What Can Funding Be Used For?
Funding can be used for:
- Event registration
- Travel (flights, car hire, public transport)
- Meals and incidentals
Where Can I Go?
The world is your oyster! The intent of the Award is to provide opportunities for undergraduates to increase their knowledge in a professional and extra-curricular capacity, so provided you can give us a compelling argument as to how the experience will benefit your studies and/or future career, your application will be considered. If you are applying for an overseas event, you will need to be even more clear.
Suggested conferences and events in 2018 include:
- Australian Energy Storage Conference and Exhibition & Renewable Cities Australia Forum (Adelaide, May 2018)
- All-Energy Australia (Melbourne, October 2018)
- International Conference on Sustainable Energy Engineering (Sydney, June 2018)
- Australian Clean Energy Summit (Sydney, July 2018)
- EIANZ Conference (TBC, 2018)
- Sustainable Development Conference: Green Technology, Renewable Energy and Environmental Protection (Bangkok, Thailand, July 2018)
- Global Climate Action Summit (San Francisco, USA, September 2018)
- Eco Architecture: International Conference on Harmonisation between Architecture and Nature (New Forest, UK, October 2018)
- World Congress on Agroforestry (Montpellier, France, May 2019)
- International Conference on Sustainable Development and Planning (Siena, Italy, September 2018)
- Energy Storage World Forum (Berlin, Germany, May 2018)
- International Conference on Waste Management and the Environment (Seville, Spain, September 2018)
How to Apply
- Complete all sections of the Application Form
- Attach any relevant supporting document
- Attach a short letter of recommendation from a Faculty member supporting your application
- Email all documentation in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified by email when your application has been received.
A Panel will assess the applications and applicants will be informed of the outcome by email, within one week of the due date.