Undergrad funding for unique experiences
Congratulations to Jerome, Adam, Amelia, Shane and Luke who have shared in Ecoversity Award funding in semester 2 2018.
Our students are off to Hamburg, Melbourne, Sydney and Los Angeles to attend the Conference on Sustainable Energy Supply & Energy Storage Systems; EIANZ Annual Conference; All Energy Conference; and Climate Reality Leadership Corps – hosted by none other than Al Gore!
What is on offer
$10,000 is available each semester for undergraduates to attend sustainability-related conferences and events. To be eligible for an Ecoversity Award of up to $2,000, students must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate in a sustainability-related degree.
Funding can be used for:
- Event registration
- Meals and incidentals
Round 1 open: Friday 4 January 2019
Round 1 close: Friday 8 March 2019
Round 2 open: Friday 24 May 2019
Round 2 close: Friday 26 July 2019
Sustainability Related Conferences in 2019
- National Sustainability Conference 2019 (Brisbane, April 2019)
- Smart Energy Conference & Exhibition 2019 (Sydney, April 2019)
- 39th Annual Conference of the International Association for Impact Assessment (Brisbane, April/May 2019)
- The 9th International Conference on Sustainable Development in the Minerals Industry (Sydney, May 2019)
- OzWater ’19 - Australia’s International Water Conference & Exhibition (Melbourne, May 2019)
- Australian Energy Storage Conference & Exhibition (Sydney, June 2019)
- Environment Institute of Australian & New Zealand (EIANZ) Annual Conference (TBC)
- Australiasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) Conference (Dunedin, TBC 2019)
- All Energy Conference (Melbourne, October 2019)
- World Engineers Convention Australia - Engineering in a Sustainable World: The Next 100 Years (Melbourne, November 2019)
How to Apply
The Ecoversity Award provides opportunities for undergraduates to increase their knowledge in a professional and extra-curricular capacity. Provided you can give us a compelling argument as to how the experience will benefit your studies and future career, your application will be considered.
- Complete all sections of the Application Form. Please include a link to the conference website
- Attach relevant supporting documentation
- Attach a short letter of recommendation from a Faculty member supporting your application
- Email all documentation in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
A panel will assess the applications and applicants will be informed of the outcome by email, within two weeks.