Ecoversity Intern - Position Available
A new 18-month paid internship based in the Infrastructure Branch is available to an enthusiastic and hard-working student.
Working under close supervision, the Environmental Intern will support the Engagement Project Officer and current Ecoversity Intern in the delivery of sustainability engagement strategies on campus. The new intern will collaborate with student groups and stakeholders on sustainability projects and events; help to deliver campaigns in person and via Ecoversity social media platforms; and assist in the development and dissemination of communication materials.
This position is based at North Terrace, but activities will be undertaken at all three campuses and CBD buildings, and some work outside business hours will be required.
Term: Two-days per week, starting late-August 2019 and concluding in December 2020. Work days are negotiable, but must include a Tuesday or Wednesday. Four weeks holiday and reasonable adjustments during exam times will be provided.
Salary: (HEO2) $34,539-$52,457 pro rata
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% will apply
Eligibility: Current University of Adelaide students who have completed at least one year of full-time study at the University of Adelaide
To be successful the applicant should have:
- Experience in supporting events, campaigns and/or projects
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging social media content
- Awareness of the environmental issues that impact the City of Adelaide and Australia more generally
- An understanding of the University’s sustainability agenda and the Ecoversity program
- Tenacity, good organisation and a pro-active approach
Please email the following documents to email@example.com:
- cover letter (1 page max)
- CV (2 page max)
- your responses to the selection criteria (3 page max)
If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Phillipa Schliebs, Engagement Project Officer on 0450 909 740.
Closing date: Friday 9 August at 5pm
Shortlisted applicants must be available for an interview on the North Terrace campus during 14-16 August.