Make Your Impact!
Green Impact is the University's change and engagement program for people wanting to make a difference on campus.
It helps staff and students understand sustainability and social responsibility; shows them what they can do to make a difference; and supports them in achieving actions that improve campus sustainability.
Since April 2018, Green Teams comprising staff and PhD students have been completing actions in their area, uploading ‘evidence’ of action taken to an online Toolkit, and earning points for their efforts. Awards will be given to teams and individuals at a ceremony in November, recognising achievement, innovation and inspiration.
- May to August: Green Teams undertake Actions
- Friday 31 August: Toolkit submission deadline
- Tuesday 18 September: Student Auditing & training day
- Wednesday 21 November: Green Impact Garden Party (Awards event)
- November/December: Feedback & Evaluation
Why get involved?
- Help make real change in your area.
- Work with like-minded colleagues to progress actions that are of interest.
- Learn more about the University's sustainability goals, and be actively involved in progress and achievements.
- It’s fun, flexible and easy. Actions are already mapped out and allow you to do what you can.
- Gain recognition for your efforts through the annual Award Ceremony.
- 427 actions completed
- 65 participants across 12 teams
- Overall winner: Bio-Radical