Make Your Impact!
Green Impact is the University's change and engagement program for people wanting to make a difference on campus.
It is a structured program that helps staff and students understand sustainability and social responsibility, shows them what they can do to make a difference and supports them in achieving actions that improve campus sustainability.
The program was piloted in 2018 with 65 people across 12 Green Teams. Staff completed 427 small actions in their area, earning points for their team and being awarded for achievement, innovation and inspiration.
How to get involved
- Attend an information session or arrange a meeting in your area
- Create or join a Green Team
- Undertake actions from a tailored online Action Bank
- Earn points for your team
- Get recognised for your efforts
Catered information sessions are scheduled on the dates below. Email Ecoversity to reserve a place.
- Wednesday 20 March, 12pm-1pm, Schulz 1210
- Tuesday 26 March, 12pm-1pm, Schulz 1210
Key Dates in 2019
- April to August: Green Teams undertake actions
- Friday 30 August: Action Bank submission deadline
- Friday 18 October: Student Reviewer training day
- Wednesday 30 October: Green Impact awards ceremony
- November/December: Feedback and evaluation
Why get involved?
- Help make real change in your area.
- Work with like-minded colleagues to progress actions that are of interest.
- Learn more about the University's sustainability goals, and be actively involved in progress and achievements.
- It’s fun, flexible and easy. Actions are already mapped out and allow you to do what you can.
- Gain recognition for your efforts through the annual Award Ceremony.