Cycling is good for the environment, can save you hundreds of dollars in parking and fuel costs, and helps keep you healthy.
Cycling Skills Program
We've got events, info and free gear to encourage staff and students to regularly ride to Uni.
The Cycling Skills Program includes:
- Free bike maintenance
- SAPOL bike engraving (to help track down your bike if it gets stolen)
- Cycle Safety Sessions presented by Bike SA
- Events like Ride to Uni Day
- Locks, lights and other bike accessories
Upcoming Event - Ride to Uni Day
Staff and student cyclists are invited to the annual Ecoversity 'Ride to Uni Day' celebration on Wednesday 17 October in the Hub Central Western courtyard.
- Free continental breakfast and coffee for cyclists from 7:30am (until gone)
- Raffle drawn at 8:30am
- Free bike maintenance from Treadly on Campus from 8:30am to 12:30pm (no booking needed)
- Basic bike maintenance class presented by Treadly from 1:15pm to 1:45pm
This is the ninth year that Ride to Uni Day is being celebrated on campus!
The best security against bike theft is using a D-lock. Read more about recommended locks.
It takes just three seconds for a thief to cut through a cable chain with a pair of bolt cutters and ride off on your bike. Watch them in action.
Read more about bike parking on campus.
Cycling In Traffic Safety Tips
- Be alert always
- Wear bright colored clothing
- Use bike lights - particularly at dusk/dawn/evenings
- Stick to bike lanes or on the left side of the road
- Cycle predictably and indicate your intentions clearly
- Make eye contact with other road users
- Watch parked cars from behind and look for opening doors