Cycling is good for the environment, can save you hundreds of dollars in parking and fuel costs, and helps keep you healthy.
Cycling Skills Program
We've got events, info and free gear to encourage staff and students to regularly ride to Uni.
The Cycling Skills Program includes:
- Free bike maintenance
- SAPOL bike engraving (to help track down your bike if it gets stolen)
- Cycle Safety Sessions presented by Bike SA
- Events like Ride to Uni Day
- Locks, lights and other bike accessories
The best security against bike theft is using a D-lock. Read more about recommended locks.
It takes just three seconds for a thief to cut through a cable chain with a pair of bolt cutters and ride off on your bike. Watch them in action.
Read more about bike parking on campus.
Cycling In Traffic Safety Tips
- Be alert always
- Wear bright colored clothing
- Use bike lights - particularly at dusk/dawn/evenings
- Stick to bike lanes or on the left side of the road
- Cycle predictably and indicate your intentions clearly
- Make eye contact with other road users
- Watch parked cars from behind and look for opening doors