Rules for bike parking
Bike Parking and Facilities
Freshen up, store your stuff, fix your bike, or change your clothes at one of the University's end-of-trip facilities.
To gain access to the secure bike sheds for short-term bicycle parking, complete the online application form. In using the bike sheds you agree to the Conditions of Use which have been put in place to ensure sheds are used safely and efficiently.
Protect your bike and reduce the likelihood of it getting stolen:
- Lock your bike in a well lit, well traveled area.
- Use a D-Lock, rather than a chain or cable lock. Check out our Best Bike Lock Guide.
- Do not leave bicycles out overnight.
- Keep a copy of the bike's serial number to aid in identification and recovery in the event of theft.
- Have your bike engraved by SAPOL to help track it down if it gets stolen.
- Take care when using the bike cages. Even though the cages are only accessible by card, bike thieves may sneak in behind another person to get access.
- Promptly report theft, damage, door malfunction or suspicious behaviour around bike sheds to University Security on 8313 5990.
Limitation on bike parking
- Bikes that are locked up or left on university grounds for more than 30 days may be deemed 'abandoned' and gifted to a charity or not-for profit organisation
- Secure bike sheds and racks are available on a first-come, first served basis and spaces cannot be ‘reserved’ by leaving locks on them overnight or on weekends.
- Rusted and cobwebbed bike locks left unused in University bike cages for long periods of time may be removed in order to keep facilities in good condition and make room for current staff and students to park their bikes.
Our North Terrace cycling facilities map provides the location of secure bike cages, bike racks, showers, lockers and water refill stations.
Bathrooms are open on weekdays between 8:00am and 6:00pm and are located in the following buildings:
- Lady Symon basement (female)
- George Murray basement (male)
- Madley basement (male/female) - not accessible during Scott Theatre performances
- Hub Central ground floor (male/female)
- Ingkarni Wardli ground floor and levels 2-5 (male/female/wheel-chair accessible)
- The Fitness Hub (male/female) - accessible with gym membership from 6:30am until 10.00pm