Campus Sustainability Plan (2016-2020)
The University has reduced emissions and is fostering a sustainable campus culture by investing in low-carbon infrastructure and supporting sustainability-related campaigns and events.
The University's first Campus Sustainability Plan (2016-2020) contained a coordinated suite of targets and strategies to reduce carbon emissions and help foster sustainability in campus life.
- Direct greenhouse gas emissions reduced by 18%.
- 1.85MW of renewable energy installed on campus.
- Roseworthy solar farm and battery system powering 42% of the campuses electricity needs.
- 40% landfill diversion rate.
- 70+ on campus and online events hosted.
The Progress Report (2017-2018) summarises operational and engagement-based achievements, and ongoing challenges over the first two years.
The Final Progress Report (2019-2020) focuses on years three and four of the Campus Sustainability Plan.
Our next Sustainability Strategy will go beyond operations and engagement, with a broader focus across the institution to incorporate research, teaching and community partnerships.