How to Apply - GEAP
Please note: This information is for GEAP students. Students that wish to enrol in PEP should download the application form at the following website: http://www.international.adelaide.edu.au/apply/
To apply for the GEAP you can use an Education Agent or you can apply directly with us.
If you would like one of our Education Agents to help you, please visit the Universities Agent website to find an agent in your country. If you wish to apply directly with us, please read below and follow the easy steps.
- Step 1 - Complete the Application Form
- Complete the application form and sign it.
- Attach certified copies of your IELTS or TOEFL exam result (if applicable).
- Attach a copy of the personal details page of your passport.
- Please indicate the type of visa you will be studying on, whether you require airport reception and/or accommodation assistance.
- Before enrolling please read our English Language Centre Refund Conditions
- Don't forget to sign your name
Send your application to:
By Post: ELC Program Administratror, Level 9, 115 Grenfell Street, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005
By Fax: (+61) 08 8313 4411
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Person: Level 9, 115 Grenfell Street, Adelaide
- Step 2 - Accept the Offer
After we receive your application, we will send you an Offer Letter via email if applicable. Your Offer Letter will be sent to you by email and gives details of the program you have chosen, start and finish dates, holiday dates (if applicable), fees payable and acceptance deadlines.
Check that all your personal details and program details are correct on your Offer Letter.
To accept your offer:
- Complete the details of the Acceptance Agreement and sign page 3 of your Offer Letter
- Enclose payment through one of the following methods:
- Telegraphic Transfer in $AUD (please ensure you put your name as a reference on the payment transfer)
- Return your signed Offer Letter and payment to the ELC.
- Step 3 - Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
After we receive your signed Offer Letter and payment you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Check that all details are correct.
- Step 4 - Apply for a Visa
You need a visa to study in Australia.
You can study in the GEAP program for:
- Up to 10 weeks on a Visitor Visa
- Up to 15 weeks on a Working Holiday Visa.
- More than 15 weeks, on a Student Visa.
For more information please visit the The Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website.
If you need a Student Visa - Apply for a student visa and complete the medical examination through the Australian Embassy in your country. Take your passport, Offer Letter and Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) to the Australian Embassy in your country.
- Step 5 - Health Insurance
For students on a Student Visa:
The Australian Government requires all international students to pay for health insurance in Australia through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. OSHC helps pay for medical care you may need when studying in Australia. You will need evidence that you have OSHC before you can obtain your Student Visa. For more information visit Allianz OSHC. The total fee for OSHC will be quoted in your Offer Letter.
Students arriving on a Visitors or Working Holiday Visa:
You are strongly advised to arrange your own travel/health insurance cover prior to travel.
- Step 6 - Make Accommodation Arrangement
The ELC offers homestay accommodation to all students studying GEAP. It is strongly recommended that you consider homestay for the first weeks of your program as it is a great way to settle into Adelaide, learn more about Australian culture and improve your English.
To apply for homestay simply complete the Homestay Application. It is highly recommended that you apply at least 4 weeks before your start date.
For alternative types of accommodation please visit the University’s Accommodation website.
- Step 7 - Plan your Travel
- Step 8 - Read the Admission and Arrival Information
For important information on what you need to know before you leave home, please read the Getting to Adelaide guide.
- Step 9 - Travel to Adelaide and Enjoy your Learning Experience!