Faculty-Led Study Tour Programs
The University of Adelaide's Centre for Professional & Continuing Education (PCE), which includes the English Language Centre, has an impressive record of working with overseas Universities to develop and deliver Faculty-Led Study Tour Programs. Students study and gain credit for their Award program in the environment of the University of Adelaide.
Our Faculty-Led Study Tour Programs offer the ideal mix of academic excellence while enjoying the cultural benefits of living in the city of Adelaide, renowned for education, food and wine, art and festivals. The program is tailored to each group's specific needs and are usually of two to eight weeks duration, but may be reduced or extended according to the requirements of the group.
The University of Adelaide has a long tradition of both research and educational excellence. Since 1874, the University has played an important role nationally and internationally in a variety of research fields and in educating students from Australia and around the world.
The academic program of your Faculty-Led Study Tour is designed to meet your group's individual needs and credit requirements. Usually, institutions choose one of two types of academic programs:
- Where the teaching is done by academics from your own institution and from the University of Adelaide.
- Where the teaching is done by your own academics with guest speakers from the University of Adelaide and/or representatives from your industry of interest.
In both cases PCE sources and manages appropriate teaching space according to your specific needs and can coordinate discipline based excursions and field trips.
Examples of recent Faculty-Led Programs include:
- Wine Marketing
- Climate Change and Water Resource Management
- Australian Indigeneous History
- Environment Conversation and Volunteering
- Psychology in Australia
Faculty-Led Study Tour Programs are designed to provide students with a comprehensive and rewarding experience of Australian life. Students have the opportunity to:
- Enhance their cultural understanding of Australia by meeting and sharing experiences with the university community and with other Australians from diverse backgrounds.
- Explore South Australia through weekend, day and evening excursions and visits to destinations of cultural, historical, geographical and social interest.
- For more information on experiences in Adelaide and South Australia visit; http://www.southaustralia.com/Adelaide.aspx
PCE takes care of the accommodation arrangements for the group including sourcing competitive pricing and internet access. Students can stay in hotels, shared apartments or hostels close to campus.
We also offer homestay accommodation where students stay with a local family and experience the Australian lifestyle. Read more information on Homestay.
Services provided to students include:
- pre-departure information and advice
- welcome on arrival at airport
- comprehensive orientation and cultural awareness program
- placement in homestay, hotel, shared apartment or hostel accommodation
- a University of Adelaide student card (with access to University facilities, transport and entertainment discounts)
- library and internet access
- unique cultural tourism experiences and activities
- certificate presentation and celebration.
Services provided to Faculty Administration include:
- sourcing appropriate teaching facilities
- sourcing guest speakers if required
- arranging relevant site visits if required
- academic administration support and work station
- course materials - copying
- library and internet access
Fees are based on the program length, academic content, accommodation and activities program selected.
You can study for up to 3 months on a Visitor’s Visa. For more information contact the centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get more information?
Our specialist staff are available to discuss the benefits of a Faculty-Led Study Tour Program and would be pleased to tailor a program to meet your University’s specific needs. Contact the centre at email@example.com