The University of Adelaide is committed to working with alumni, donors, government, industry and the wider community to make the transformative effect of a university education accessible to more people and link ground-breaking research with real-life applications.
The summer issue of lumen is out now.
In this issue:
- Rupa’s journey as Bangladesh’s first indigenous female to receive a PhD
- The people and passion behind SA’s only vet school
- Life in the fast lane – alumni careers in motorsport
- Matt Parry’s clever crisp taking on Pringles in the US
- The highs and lows of working in family business
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Augustus Short attended Westminster School, The Collegiate School of St Peter at Westminster in London from 1811–1820. For his final four years at the School he won, by academic competition, a prestigious scholarship as a King’s Scholar, a scholarship first created by Queen Elizabeth I. He later reminisced, “I now more fully realise than ever …
One year after being awarded the prestigious Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, one of the University of Adelaide’s 2018 Future Leaders reflects on the past 12 months, what it means to be a leader and the value of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. In 2018, Alexandra Hawthorn was awarded a Westpac Future Leader Scholarship to pursue …