Make a gift
Can you help us achieve our mission?
Our mission is to delivers relevant, innovative and actionable outcomes to complex environmental challenges, to improve the health of the environment, our wellbeing and to sustain the Australian economy.
Do you share our vision for conservation of biodiversity and a cleaner, healthier world? We would be delighted to have your support to empower us to provide tangible environmental solutions to support our vision.
You can make a difference.
Following the KI bushfires, EchidnaCSI is looking to investigate the effects of fire on echidnas and aid in their rehabilitation. Through this community-based project, they will discover:
- the diet of echidnas in the burnt areas
- how this affected their health and
- what insect species are now present after burning
In a changing environmental landscape marked by environmental disasters and dividing debates, the Environment Institute’s systemic approach to complex environmental challenges brings together multidisciplinary teams across science, economics, law, psychology, philosophy, social science and engineering.
Our researchers are able to translate science into management, policy and technology solutions.
This year, we have seen the devastating impact bushfires have had in Australia. Closer to home in South Australia, Lobethal and Kangaroo Island have borne the brunt of this loss, with communities and ecosystems greatly impacted. There are many ways our research can help rebuild these areas. These include:
- analysis of climatic, environmental and cultural influences on fire regimes
- characterisation of past fire frequencies, extents and regimes to inform fire prediction, control burning and habitat management for wildlife
- monitoring the response of plant species to regeneration
- understanding respiratory and inflammatory response to minimise long term health adversity
- co-designing alternatives to prescribed burns for landscape-scale and fine-scale management
- resilient approaches to planning, building design and construction.
Help us accomplish these solutions and much more.
We invite you to donate to the diverse research conducted in the Environment Institute or donate to one of our priority projects listed below. Your support is key to helping us navigate the best way forward for our collective futures.
Our researchers excel on the world stage by tackling research challenges related to:
- climate change resilience
- adaptation and mitigation
- biodiversity, conservation
- marine biology
- palaeontology and genetics
Contact the Institute if you would like to chose how your donation makes a difference.
I want to make a difference.
Yes. I'd like to support research into complex environmental challenges that will improve the health of the environment, our wellbeing and to sustain our economy into a new future.
- Every donation, no matter how small, has the potential to make a difference. We rely on gifts, donations and research grants to fund our crucial research.
- 100% of the value of donations received funds research (no admin costs deducted)
- All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible
- You can make a one-off contribution or a manageable monthly donation
- Support can be directed towards the area of greatest need, or directed to a specific area.
University of Adelaide research making an impact
Professor Bob Hill gives an insight into our cross-faculty team and how we're making positive steps towards climate change, sustainability and the environment research.