Remote Pilot Licence Course
The University of Adelaide offers a commercial drone course leading to the award of a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA).
Remote Pilot Licence Course (Multirotor up to 7kg)
This five-day intensive course is conducted on University of Adelaide campuses by a team of CASA-certified remote pilots and trainers from the University. No prerequisites or previous drone experience is required for participants to experience quality training, where they will utilise state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment. All trainers are also scientists, aviators, engineers and professionals who are highly experienced in the use of multirotor and fixed wing drones for environmental, agricultural and commercial applications, both within Australia and internationally.
- All required theory and practical syllabus, and requirements of CASA for a RePL.
- English Language Proficiency assessment (ELP).
- Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC).
- Textbook: Remote Pilot License RePL Study Guide by Bob Tait and Ben Harris.
- In-house examinations and CASA processing fees for ELP, AROC and RePL.
- Lunch throughout the course.
Please note that the minimum age requirement for the issuance of an RePL with AROC by CASA is 17 years old.
Should you have a large enough group of participants we are able to accommodate an industry-specific cohort tailored to your applications. Enquire directly with the URAF to explore how this option could work for your team.
Discounts are available for registration in both the RePL Course and one of the Mapping with Drones courses. Enquire directly with the URAF for further information.
Course dates, pricing and registration
- December 2-6, 2019 - Just released!
If you would like to be notified when future dates are released please register your interest below:
- $3850 (inclusive of all course content and material, as stated above).
- To register, please click on the appropriate icon below for your desired payment method:
Payments for individual participants can be made by credit card on the University's Online Shop.
Please note that by clicking on the below links, you confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions.
Other payment options
If you require payment via invoice for a group or individual, or for payment from an internal University of Adelaide account, please complete the form below or email email@example.com.
Who needs a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)?
- If you want to fly a remotely piloted aircraft commercially (including for research) in Australia that is over 2kg (i.e. not in the excluded category), then you need to possess a RePL.
- A RePL allows individuals to fly commercially for operators, who in turn need to hold a Remote Operator's Certificate (ReOC).
- Please refer to the CASA website for further information on the private and commercial use of drones.