Skip to content

International Students

Know Your Rights

As an international student on a student visa, you must study with an institution and for a program that is registered on CRICOS.

Migration laws limit some of your enrolment options. They will not usually affect what you study, but they do restrict the duration of your study, whether you can take breaks from your program and what happens if you perform poorly in your studies.

Under the ESOS framework, you have the right to:

  • Receive current and accurate information about programs, fees, study options and other information relevant to you.
  • Sign a written agreement with your institution that outlines the services provided and fees payable and includes information about refunds.
  • Receive a refund or to be placed in another program if your provider is unable to deliver the course.

Be  informed about:

Know Your Responsibilities

In making any decisions about your study you must consider your obligations under your student visa and the ESOS legislation, as well as any academic considerations.

You must ensure that you:

The ESOS framework only applies to students who are enrolled in an onshore program and remain in Australia on a student visa. The legislation does not apply to students studying in offshore locations or remaining in Australia on a temporary visa other than a Student Visa.

Additional information on studying in Australia is available from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).Further information can also be found via our ESOS FAQ's.

Education Services for Overseas Students



Coordinator Compliance