Frequently Asked Questions
This page answers some of the most common questions we get asked.
If you have a question not covered here, contact Finance and Procurement Services on x33414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All supplier invoices are paid by the Accounts Payable Team and should be sent directly to email@example.com
or to Accounts Payable, The University of Adelaide,Adelaide, SA 5005.
- For further information on tax Invoices click here
- To make an urgent payment, view the how to guide here
- To view the Purchasing Procedures click here
Note: the University will only make payment for invoices which meet Australian Taxation Office requirements. All invoices for International goods or services must be compliant with the laws of the country in which the invoice was produced.
The University creates a bill for collecting money for the sale of goods & services. The Revenue Accounting Team raise all bills on behalf of the University.
To request a bill to be raised, you will need to submit a Billing Request eForm and provide supporting documentation.
The University has established contracts and preferred pricing agreements with a number of suppliers across a range of goods and services. To determine which process you need to use, view the interactive decision tool in Canvass. You only have to enrol once and can complete as many times as you need.
The University’s primary method of ordering goods or services is by raising a Requisition through the eProcurement System. You can order from supplier catalogues or raise a special request.
- For information on eProcurement and how to get access click here
If you are a Corporate Credit Cardholder and the value of the purchase is less than $5,000 or online, you can use your card noting that where a preferred supplier exists, you should use eProcurement.
- For information on the University’s Corporate Credit Card program and how to apply click here
If the value of the purchase is over $20,000, you will need to follow the Strategic Procurement Process (refer to the Purchasing Procedures) and engage with a Category Manager who can advise you on the process.
- For a list of Category Managers click here
If you hold a Corporate Credit Card, you must claim your reimbursement through the Expense Management System (Fraedom).
For all other staff and students, complete a Reimbursement Form.
Note: reimbursement for expenses incurred on behalf of the University by people who are not staff or students (e.g. visitors): such costs may only be reimbursed by way of an invoice to the University or use of the Other Payment Form and are subject to approval. Refer to the guide here.
FCM Travel Solutions is the University's travel management company. Approval to travel must be obtained prior to making any travel plans as per below:
- Domestic Travel - travellers must notify their Line Managers of their travel plans, unless the Line Manager expressly withholds approval, domestic travel can be booked using the University's online booking tool, SAVI.
- International Travel - approval is required by way of a travel requisition completed in the expense management system, Fraedom. Requisitions are workflowed to your Head of School / Branch Head. Further approval maybe required for high risk travel.
If you travel or intend to travel frequently on University business, please apply for a University Corporate Credit Card.