Latest News - Transition of ARI to RCP
An information brief (updated 7th November 2016) has been developed to advise University staff on changes to processes following the transition of ARI Pty Ltd to Research Contracts and Partnerships (RCP).
Any queries, please contact Finance & Procurement Services firstname.lastname@example.org or x 33414.
Central Research Accounting Team
- Providing research accounting support for University staff
- Arranging the establishment of research projects* within Peoplesoft Financials
- Liaising with granting bodies to ensure their financial reporting requirements are met
- Coordinating the raising of research invoices according to the conditions specified by the granting body for research grants administered by Research Branch
- Allocating research income including the reconciliation of NHMRC and ARC income
- Calculating and allocating interest on grant funds, where required under the Funding Agreement
- Processing payment on collaborator/subcontractor invoices in accordance with the relevant agreements
- Preparing the EB Salary Supplementation Calculation (salary differential between the actual University salary costs and the fellowship package provided by the research sponsor)
- Preparing the annual Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) – Research Income Return.
*Please note: General ledger project codes will not be created for research grants until the grant acceptance form has been completed and submitted to research branch, the research agreement has been fully executed, and ethics approvals are in place (if required).
Faculty Research Accountants
- Providing assistance to researchers with the preparation of grant application budgets/project costing
- Supporting researchers to ensure all costs have been allocated to the correct project code/s to enable the timely submission of financial reports to funding bodies
- Reviewing grant acquittals and providing assistance to researchers with classification of expenditure where local knowledge is required.