Strategic Procurement support the University’s activities by helping to ensure the people who obtain goods and services for the University get the best value for their time and money.
Our work includes:
- Providing advice and support to University staff regarding all aspects of procurement
- Ensuring purchasing activity complies with the University’s Purchasing Procedures
- Conducting tenders and establishing preferred supplier arrangements with suppliers who offer the best products, services and value to the University
- Managing contracts with these preferred suppliers
- Developing and delivering tools such as eProcurement
- Reporting and spend analysis
- Strategic planning and management to mitigate risk, ensure security of supply, reduce transaction costs, and identify opportunities for improved value and efficiency.