Procurement Services manage the end to end "procure to pay cycle" for the University and comprises of the following teams:
- Category Management
Category Managers within the Strategic Procurement Team facilitate and provide a strategic approach to procurement activities across the University. Providing strategic category planning, analysis and management to leverage procurement decisions to mitigate risk, ensure security of supply, reduce transaction costs, and identify opportunities for improved value and efficiency.
- Conducting tenders and establishing preferred supplier arrangements with suppliers who offer the best products, services and value
- Managing contracts and performance with these preferred suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with the University’s Procurement Procedures.
Visit the Staff Contacts page to see the list of Category Managers, and what area of procurement they are responsible for.
The Purchasing team is responsible for ensuring Requisitions raised by University staff are compliant with policy, converting requisitions into purchase orders, and liaising with suppliers. The team is also responsible for supplier maintenance and creation activities.
- Expense Management
The Expense Management team is responsible for management of the University corporate credit card program, including card administration and compliance to University policy. The Team:
- Manages acquittal and approval of credit card transactions
- Staff expense reimbursements and advances
- Student reimbursements and payments
- System administration of Fraedom and Serko
- Customer support
- Accounts Payable
Management and control of all accounts payable functions in the University, including supplier invoices and non-invoice payments.
- Supplies & Receiving
The Supplies and Receiving team maintain the Sciences Chemical and Receivables Stores providing receipting of POs, issuing of stock as well as managing the receivable bay for non-store items.
- Service Support
The Service Support Officers provide first level customer support for Finance & Procurement Services, including training and onsite visits to support eProcurement and advice on contractor management.