Accounts Payable Automation
The University uses a tool called Kofax, which enables the University to automate the processing of supplier invoices and facilitate online Reimbursement and Other Payments requests.
How does it work?
Reimbursements & Other Payments
- Reimbursement and Other Payment forms are submitted online through Kofax (corporate credit card holders must submit reimbursements through Fraedom)
- Forms can be accessed directly from Kofax (click on the gold Kofax button on the Finance homepage) or under Forms > Accounts Payable
- Forms will be workflowed to an Approver through Kofax replacing the signature on the previous paper form
- Compliance checks are completed by Procurement Services prior to being authorised.
- The status and payment date of requests can be tracked in the system.
Automating supplier invoices
Kofax workflows supplier invoices that don't have a Purchase Order (PO), or where there is a variance between the PO and the invoice. It does not replace the University's Finance System.
- Invoices must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kofax automatically reads and captures information from the invoice
- Any coding or wording in the body of the email will not be captured
- Invoices relating to a PO will be matched in Kofax, fully matched invoices will be scheduled for payment in the Finance System
- Invoices with no PO, or where there is a PO variance, will be workflowed in Kofax to a Business Reviewer to be reviewed and coded
- Once coded, it will be workflowed to a financial Approver
- Once approved, it will be scheduled for payment in the Finance System.