Grants, Budgeting and Reporting (UBR)
Saving time and making better financial decisions about contract development, contract management and financial management of grants, contract research and consulting, using more comprehensive and accurate financial information.
Updates and key dates
Faculty Update - July 2018
View the latest faculty project update which includes the types of Agreements (contracts) that will have information integrated between Inteum and PeopleSoft Finance. It also articulates where the accountability at each phase of the agreement lifecycle sits within our university teams and key dates for Q3.
Integration of Agreement data with PeopleSoft Finance - July 2018
Read the information sheet to understand what’s included in the integration, the benefits of the integration and what the main changes are.
View the accountabilities, outcomes, differences and the benefits of integrating contract research Agreement data with PeopleSoft Finance.
What will it deliver and who's involved
- Grants Solution
- Improved data capture, reporting, procedures and processes relating to grant and contract cash flows.
- Reduced risk of over- and under-spending as a result of improved visibility of available funds to all stakeholders, including researchers, through improved data capture, reporting, standardized procedures and streamlined processes.
- Capture of expenditure plans for grants and contracts will improve budgeting and forecasting.
- Consistent, up-front capture of awarded grant and contract information, together with billing milestones, will provide efficiencies in the billing process leading to faster receipt of funds.
- Chief investigators will have increased visibility of their available funds to support them in the management of their projects
Improved availability and access to core financial information for all levels to assist with effective financial management, decision making and allocation of resources.
- New BI professional reports and/or self-service reporting tools will replace manual collation and data manipulation in Excel, saving time and effort and providing better financial information to a wider audience, leading to more effective financial management, decision making and allocation of resources.
- Improved, easy to understand grants information will be delivered to researchers
Quick Reference Guides have been prepared for all new reports.
- Project Level Budgeting
- Time savings in project budgeting will occur as a result of reduced duplication and streamlined methods.
Grants - working on data migration of research contract information from Inteum to PeopleSoft
Reporting - Focussing on discretionary budgeting for the 2019 budget cycle.
Budgeting - Automating operational reports using PeopleSoft BI Publisher
- Who is involved?
Tony Mitchell, Chief Financial Officer, is the Project Sponsor and Andre Scott is the Business Owner. The project manager is Dani Hopkins.
Key stakeholders involved in guiding the project include:
- Finance & Procurement Services, Research Services, Research & Business Partnerships (RBP), and Adelaide Enterprise.
- Faculty Finance, Research Accountants and Planning Managers.
- Project advisory groups include subject matter experts and key stakeholders from Faculty Finance, Research Services, Research & Business Partnerships, Research Accounting, Academics, Business Intelligence and Financial Reporting.
- Who is impacted?
- Faculty and division finance teams, research development managers, business analysts and managers
- Chief investigators and other researchers
- Finance & Procurement Services staff
- Heads of School and research institutes
- Supporting teams in Finance & Procurement Services, Information Technology & Digital Services, Planning & Analytics
- All about the project
- How the project fits with different work groups and IT systems
- Project update - February 2018
- ORBIT improvements - October 2018