29th Australian Labour Market Research Workshop
10 - 11 December 2018 at the University of Adelaide.
The Australian Labour Market Research (ALMR) Workshop is an annual conference designed to disseminate high quality research on Labour Economics and Labour Relations and to promote informed debate among economists about current labour market issues facing the Australian labour market.
The Keynote Speaker Professor Giulio Zanella presented on "Results of a randomised evaluation of alternative Active Labour Market Policies: lessons from Italy on the benefits of policy evaluation".
Giulio Zanella is a Professor of Economics at the University of Adelaide. His research focuses on Labour Economics, Social Economics, and Applied Econometrics, with a special emphasis on the evaluation of labour market and other social policies.
Date: Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 December 2018
Enquiries: Contact Deb Payne, Future of Employment and Skills research centre.
ALMR 2018 Program
- Dr Elisa Birch (The University of Western Australia)
- Dr Lixin Cai (Australian Government Department of Jobs and Small Business)
- Dr Terence Cheng (The University of Adelaide)
- Dr Greg Connolly (Australian Government Department of Jobs and Small Business)
- Associate Professor Michael Dockery (Curtin University)
- Dr Boyd Hunter (Australian National University)
- Professor Phil Lewis (University of Canberra)
- Associate Professor Stéphane Mahuteau (The University of Adelaide)
- Associate Professor Russell Ross (The University of Sydney)
- Dr Danielle Venn (Australian National University)
- Dr Zhang Wei (The University of Adelaide)
Registration closes: Friday, 30 November 2018
Workshop dates: Monday, 10 and Tuesday, 11 December
Dr Michael Plumb: Current economic conditions
Breakfast event with special guest speaker Dr Michael Plumb presented by the Economic Society of Australia (SA Branch).
Sponsored by the Future of Employment and Skills research centre.
Dr Michael Plumb is Deputy Head of Economic Analysis at the Reserve Bank of Australia and has recently been appointed as Chief Representative of the RBA’s New York office. He has also held senior positions in the RBA’s Economic Research and International departments. Prior to joining the RBA, Dr Plumb worked at the University of Sydney, the Economic and Social Research Institute in Ireland, and the University of Oxford in the UK.
Date: Thursday 16 August Time: 7.45am to 9.00am Location: 126 SANTOS Lecture Theatre, Level 1, Nexus 10 tower, 10 Pulteney St, Adelaide Enquiries: Contact Dr Zhang Wei, Secretary of the SA Branch of the Economic Society of Australia for further information