Gender Equity & Diversity Committee
The Gender, Equity and Diversity Committee (GED) takes a proactive and strategic role in progressing the equity and diversity agenda for staff in the University.
GED Committee Membership
- Professor Phil Levy, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning) - Chair of the GED Committee
- Dr Jenni Caruso, Director, GED and Inclusion, Arts
- Dr Shona Crabb, Associate Dean, GED, Health & Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor Laura Grenell, Associate Dean,Diversity & Inclusion, The Professions
- Ms Kathryn Lawrence, Gender Equity Advisor, Human Resources
- Mrs Elysia Ryan, Director, Human Resources
- Professor Eileen Scott, Associate Dean, GED, Sciences and SAGE SAT Chair
- Dr Claudia Szabo, Associate Dean, Diversity & Inclusion, ECMS
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference for GED are to:
- To establish, maintain, monitor and promote the outcomes of a University-wide gender equity framework for staff, including establishing strategies for improving gender participation rates.
- To establish, monitor and engage local area staff gender equity action plans.
- To foster the inclusion of staff and students who identify as LGBTIQ through oversight of the University’s Ally Network and development of appropriate policy.
- To engage with and monitor the activities of Gender Equity & Diversity Committees in each Faculty as these pertain specifically to staff gender equity.
- To make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor and President through the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive on matters relating to the Committee’s Terms of Reference.