Adelaide Law School 150 Club
Adelaide Law School 150 Club
To mark the University of Adelaide’s 150th anniversary, we invite you to become a part of history by joining the Adelaide Law School 150 Club, by providing a gift to support students at the Adelaide Law School.
We will acknowledge your gift by:
- Displaying your name on a digital donor board, in the Adelaide Law School, Ligertwood Building, for a minimum of 3 years.
- Displaying your name on the Adelaide Law School webpage under the heading of "Adelaide Law School 150 Club Donors" for a minimum of 3 years.
- Inviting you to a cocktail party for all Adelaide Law School 150 Club donors in Semester 2, 2024.
Your gift will support the John Bray Law Scholarship for students undertaking studies in law at the University of Adelaide.
With your support, we aspire to raise $300,000, for an endowed fund to enable up to two scholarships to be awarded annually in perpetuity. Any amount that is raised will be used to directly support students studying law at the University of Adelaide. Successful recipients would be determined with a preference toward applicants who demonstrate financial need and academic merit.
Molly Healy, LLB (Distinction), BA (Sociology)
John Bray Scholarship Recipient 2021
"For me, receiving the John Bray Alumni Scholarship had a profound impact on my final year of university study and entry into the legal profession. Moving to Adelaide from a regional Victorian town meant that I experienced a high financial burden. This scholarship allowed me to fully immerse myself in the legal courses I was studying and excel academically, while having financial stability. The support from the scholarship enabled me to undertake professional work experience opportunities to gain practical knowledge and develop connections within the legal field.
I am incredibly grateful to the generous donors of the scholarship who assisted in easing the financial pressures I faced to pursue my passion for the law. I strongly believe that receiving this scholarship paved the way for me to have a diverse experience in my final year of study and obtain a graduate position in a top tier law firm. Now, as an admitted lawyer working in commercial dispute resolution, I reflect fondly on my time at the University of Adelaide and for that I am very thankful."
Adelaide Law School 150 Club – Gift Types
- ‘Individual’ – To be acknowledged on the digital donor board in your name or to honour a loved one, please choose this $1,500 contribution – with options to pay as monthly instalments or as a one-off payment.
- ‘Corporate’ – To have your organisation acknowledged on the digital donor board, please choose this $5,000 contribution.
About John Bray
The scholarship honours John Jefferson Bray AC QC (1912 – 1995) - one of the Law School’s most outstanding alumni, whose connection with the University spanned 55 years. Bray was an alumni of the University LLB 1932, LLB (Hons) 1933, LLD 1937, D Univ 1983; a lecturer in the Law School (1941 - 1951) teaching legal history and Roman Law; appointed QC in 1957; SA’s Chief Justice (1967 - 1978) and Chancellor of the University (1968 - 1983).