Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the staff giving program?
Staff workplace giving offers staff members the opportunity to make a regular donation directly from their pay though payroll deduction. The amount you nominate is deducted on a fortnightly basis from your gross salary on a pre-tax basis. This is a voluntary scheme.
- How do I make a gift to the staff giving program?
Staff can make gifts directly from their pay though payroll deduction through Staff Services Online here.
- Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes, payable deductions are made from your pre-tax salary, meaning you receive the benefit immediately.
- Will I receive a gift deductible receipt?
No, as you will have already received the benefit from your pre-tax salary deduction. The details of the deductions will be sent to you at the end of the tax year.
- Where is the gift allocated?
Gifts are allocated to the option you choose on the giving form. You may choose more than one option and have your gift shared equally between the selected areas.
- Can a donation via payroll deduction be made to other charitable organisations?
While the University is proud of the variety of charitable institutions that our staff support, our payroll deduction system does not allow payroll deductions to other charitable organisations.
- Are there other ways to give?
- Where do I get more information on the staff workplace giving program?
For more information contact +61 8 8313 5800 or email email@example.com.
- Who do I talk to about setting up a gift to the University in my Will?