Sustainability in food value chains – Australian and European perspectives
The Centre for Global Food and Resources (GFAR) organised a workshop on value chain sustainability in association with the Australasian Agriculture and Resource Economics Society (AARES) in September 2017.
The workshop facilitated the exchange of perspectives between Australian and European researchers on building value chains that are sustainable and resilient in the long run. The workshop also provided the opportunity for GFAR Master and PhD students to hear from academics from the University of Bonn (Germany) and University of New England (Australia) along with experts from GFAR.
For more details refer to the workshop program.
- Australian consumers’ perceptions of sustainable foods (Dr Lenka Malek)
- Animal Welfare and Livestock Production in Australia (Dr Emilio Morales)
- Supply chain synergies: a look at comparative advantage across supply chain stages (Professor Derek Baker)
- Case Study Business: Feast Fine Foods (Elizabeth Gunner)
- Case Study Business: FairFish (Tom Cosentino)