What's my name?
Hong Kong in Cantonese means 'Fragrant Harbour'.
Eating noodles on one’s birthday is considered by the residents of Hong Kong to afford one a long and blessed life.
Hong Kong is counted amongst the most densely populated areas of the world.
Hong Kong has more Rolls Royce’s per person than any other city in the world.
It is home to Kung Fu or martial arts movies and legends Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan.
- Official Name: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Capital: Hong Kong
- Population: 7.2 million
- Official Language: Cantonese
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar
- Government Type: Special Admistrative Region of China
- Academic Year: September to May (break before Christmas, starts again in January)
Australia China Youth Association
The University of Adelaide has partnered with the Australia China Youth Association (ACYA), a support network that works to foster a transnational community of young Australians and Chinese interested in furthering understanding of each other’s countries.
For more information and to join, visit the ACYA website