HDR Supervision Community of Practice
The HDR Supervision Community of Practice was launched in May 2021 with guest speaker Professor Alistair McColloch who discussed Changing Students, Changing PhD & Challenging Supervision.
Also known as the HDR CoP, it is a community of academic staff who are, or have been, engaged in the supervision of research students at MPhil or PhD level. The community also welcomes members engaged in other forms of research supervision (e.g. Honours or Postgraduate Coursework research projects) and professional staff who work within these fields.
- To be an inclusive, supportive environment in which to share experiences of supervision
- To support beginning supervisors as well as those who are more experienced
- To offer a forum to discuss the problems and difficulties that arise in supervision
- To generate new ideas and approaches to supervision
- To provide a support network for supervisors aiming to develop innovative methods of supervision
- To provide leadership in supervision for the benefit of the wider university community
- Every two months
- Formal presentations or structured discussion on topics of interest
- Informal discussion and networking
Join and connect with other members
To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Communities of Practice