Prior to accepting an Offer of Admission, all official academic documents, professional qualifications and English translations of these documents must be submitted either as:
- Hardcopy originals, OR
- Hardcopy original certifications (of the original documents)
Acceptable criteria for certifications requires that each page of the documentation must contain all of the following elements:
- An original stamp bearing the name of the person or organisation who verifies the document
- Words in English to the effect of “I certify that this is a true copy of the original”
- An original signature (photocopy not accepted)
- The date of certification
Qualifications from the University of Adelaide do not require certification.
Please note. It is recommended that you forward hardcopy original certifications (of the original documents) rather than hardcopy original documents. All documents supplied with your application become the property of the University of Adelaide and will not be returned.
Applying Through In-Country Representatives / Agents
Agents who are representing the University of Adelaide have authority to sight original documents and provide electronic certifications when submitting an application (or documents required at the time of acceptance). Agent certification must also comply with the above criteria.
Private (Direct) Applicants
Applicants who are not applying through an agent may submit scanned, electronic documentation at the time of application for assessment purposes only. However, if an offer is made, hardcopy original documents or hardcopy original certifications must be posted to the Adelaide Graduate Centre prior to or at the time of accepting the offer. A summary of the required documentation will be provided upon the submission of your application.
Please note that original documentation that is posted to the Adelaide Graduate Centre will not be returned to applicants. For this reason, it is preferable to provide certifications rather than the original documents.
Private Applicants with Qualifications from Chinese Institutions
Applicants who are not applying through an agent who have qualifications from a Chinese institution may also submit scanned, electronic documentation at the time of application for assessment purposes. However, if an offer is made, hardcopy original certifications for all qualifications awarded by a Chinese institution must be posted directly by the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Centre (CDGDC) to the Adelaide Graduate Centre prior to or at the time of accepting the offer. A summary of the required documentation will be provided upon the submission of your application.
To arrange this, you must apply to the CDGDC via http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn/en/ so that the CDGDC can post verified English translations of the requested documentation directly to the Adelaide Graduate Centre. Documents sent directly from the applicant will not be accepted. An application fee will apply and it will usually take up to 20 working days for the documents to be verified. *The CDGDC is endorsed by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the Academic degrees Committee of the State Council.
Who can certify?
- An official Agent or Representative of the University of Adelaide
- A Registrar of the awarding institution that the academic document is from
- A Justice of the Peace on campus
- A Justice of the Peace in Australia
- A Notary Public in Australia
- A Legal Practitioner or Commissioner in Australia
- A Court Registrar in Australia
- A Medical Practitioner or Pharmacist in Australia
- A Police Officer in Australia
- A Postal Manager in Australia
- If outside Australia, the equivalent of one of the above (subject to approval)
- Admission staff at the Adelaide Graduate Centre: Please note in peak times we are unable to provide this service.
Please note that documentation will not be accepted if certified by a person who has a personal relationship with the applicant.
Where to send documents
Original and original certified documents can be posted to:
Adelaide Graduate Centre
International Admissions Team
Level 2, Schulz Building
The University of Adelaide
Adelaide, SA 5005