ADELAIDE-CSIRO INDUSTRY PHD (iPhD) PROGRAM
The University of Adelaide and CSIRO are excited to offer a specialised Industry PhD (iPhD) program and scholarship.
Our 4 year Industry PhD Program includes a minimum six month industry placement offering you an enhanced opportunity to work in an industry-defined research area with support and supervision through a partnership between the University of Adelaide, CSIRO, and an Industry Partner.
In addition, you will have the opportunity, along with your supervisory team, to engage in training and professional development activities. By building your abilities, skills, understanding, and encouraging professional growth the iPhD will prepare you to hit the ground running after completion.
Key aspects of the Adelaide-CSIRO iPhD Program
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must meet the University of Adelaide’s higher degree by research admissions criteria.
- Applicants must meet the University of Adelaide’s English Language Requirements.
- This program is open to domestic students who are Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, or holders of an Australian permanent visa.
The University and CSIRO will:
- administer and support the program.
- provide a $40k p.a. scholarship.
- provide project research support funds of $10,000 per annum.
The iPhD is a four year program which includes a six-month industry placement and involves joint supervision by The University of Adelaide, CSIRO and an industry partner.
Applications are currently open. Please refer to each project page for more information.
Students are provided with industry-specific training through the University’s Career and Research Skills Training Program to develop new skills and enhance existing ones. In addition, students will have the opportunity, along with their dedicated supervisory team, to attend Launch Camp. This two-day professional development experience is designed to help research teams understand the market for their research idea and view their research through the eyes of their potential customers or end-users.
Please refer to each research project below for more details. Applications will be assessed on:
- Experience relevant to the field of research, including any research experience.
- Suitability for the project.
- Academic excellence.
- Motivation for understanding an Industry-led PhD project.
Currently available projects
University of Adelaide, CSIRO, and Santos Limited.
University of Adelaide, CSIRO, and Goterra.
University of Adelaide, CSIRO, and Rio Tinto.
University of Adelaide, CSIRO, and Zespri International.