Nature Masterclasses: Focus on Peer Review
Focus on Peer Review is a free-to-access course, aimed at researchers who are new to peer review or wish to refresh their skills.
Focus on Peer Review is a free online training course from Nature Masterclasses, delivered by Nature Research journal editors. It contains 1-5 minute videos offering insightful advice, short text posts covering key points, and interactive activities to help consolidate learning.
- What it means to be a peer reviewer and what is expected of you once you accept a peer review assignment
- How to prepare a peer review report
- The ethics of peer review and recognising conflicts of interest
- The different types of peer review and initiatives
The course is free-to-access when you register on Nature Masterclasses at https://masterclasses.nature.com/register. For assistance with accessing the course and claiming CaRST credit, please follow the instructions.
A free certificate of completion is available once all four modules in the course are completed. All four modules must be completed to claim CaRST credit, and you will need to attach your certificate of completion to your CaRST record.
- Your Role as Peer Reviewer
- The Peer Review Report
- Ethics in Peer Review
- Variations and Innovations in Peer Review
Total duration: 3.5 hours
Focus on Peer Review is approved for 3.5 CaRST credits in Domain D.