Joint PhD Scholarships With the University of Nottingham
Are you planning to embark on a PhD? Have you heard of the Joint PhD program between the University of Adelaide and the University of Nottingham, UK? The Universities work closely together on many of the world's most pressing challenges such as food security, climate change and health and medicine.
By joining the program, you will gain an international outlook and build an international network, essential in today’s globalised job market. You will also have access to the research strengths of two globally leading research-intensive universities, the University of Adelaide and the University of Nottingham, UK.
This program offers a fantastic opportunity to fast-track your international career
How does it work?
The University of Adelaide (UofA) will be your home institution and the University of Nottingham (UofN) will be your host.
During your time overseas, you will be based at a Nottingham campus in the UK, China (near Shanghai), or Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
- You will begin your PhD at UofA, developing your research proposal, skills and starting your research.
* It is also possible for students who are unable to travel to Australia to begin their study at the University of Nottingham
- Your project will be co-supervised by both UofA and UofN academics.
- After your first year at UofA you’ll spend a minimum of 12 months at UofN (in one or several blocks).
- Importantly, you will be eligible for training courses and additional travel grants from both institutions.
- You’ll undertake your examination, including an oral defence at UofA.
- Graduates of the program receive a single doctoral degree jointly awarded by both institutions.
What’s on offer?
Applications and enquiries have now closed.