Skip to content
Currently Under Review


Insurance for higher degree research Candidates

Subject to conditions, the University provides insurance cover for personal accidents; travel, public liability, professional indemnity and directors' and officers' liability to Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates enrolled at the University. Further information is available in Appendix 3 of the Research Student Handbook.

International students

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) requires all international students on student visas and their families (on ‘dependant’ visas) to have health insurance while in Australia. This insurance is called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

OSHC helps you pay for medical and hospital care that you may need when you are studying in Australia. It also helps pay for most prescription drugs.

Please contact International Student Support with any questions relating to OSHC. Further information about OSHC is available online.


Level 2, Schulz Building,
The University of Adelaide
SA 5005


Telephone: +61 8 8313 5882
Facsimile: +61 8 8313 5725

Opening Hours

Mon-Fri: 9:00am-5:00pm