In general, applicants may be accepted for a Master of Philosophy on the basis of the following qualifications:
- a relevant degree of bachelor completed at distinction average or higher
- a relevant honours degree at 2A or higher
- a relevant master by coursework (with less than 15 University of Adelaide credit points of research) completed at a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 (Distinction level) or higher
- a relevant master by coursework with a significant research component (normally at least 15 University of Adelaide credit points of research or equivalent), with an overall GPA of 5.00 (Credit level) or higher and a GPA of 6.00 (Distinction level) or higher in the research component.
To be eligible for entry to the Master of Clinical Science program, students must have a minimum of two years approved professional work experience, in addition to completing to a satisfactory standard one of the degrees of the University of Adelaide listed below; qualifications from other institutions will also be accepted where the program of study undertaken and the academic standard reached are accepted as equivalent by the Research Education and Development Committee:
- the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- a degree of Bachelor of Nursing
- a degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- a bachelor degree in an appropriate field of study
- a relevant master by coursework degree
- a relevant master by research degree.