Skip to content
Currently Under Review

Can I Appoint a Principal Supervisor from a Different School Than the One in Which I Am Enrolled?

Enrolment in a different School than your principal supervisor is not recommended as it can make the coordination of your supervision and the management of your progress more difficult.

This course of action is only permitted under exceptional circumstances, on the grounds that your research interests and those of your prospective principal supervisor are closely matched and that the research to be undertaken is appropriately identified with your nominated School of enrolment.

An application form to 'Enrol Outside of Supervisor's School' should be lodged, where possible, together with your application form.


Level 2, Schulz Building,
The University of Adelaide
SA 5005


Telephone: +61 8 8313 5882
Facsimile: +61 8 8313 5725

Opening Hours

Mon-Fri: 9:00am-5:00pm