AGC Induction - Online
Please note. This content is from the 2018 Research Student Handbook and should only be used as a guide. Please refer to the 2019 Research Student Handbook PDF for current information.
The Adelaide Graduate Centre provides an online induction program for higher degree by research students which you can access through MyUni. Online induction enables all research students to be inducted at the very beginning of their research program, regardless of their research location.
The induction provides a valuable introduction to life as a research student at the University of Adelaide, and is intended to complement your school level induction program.
The induction will introduce you to a range of topics and services including:
- the roles of the Adelaide Graduate Centre and your supervisors
- the timeframe for the completion of academic milestones and your program
- research conduct (e.g. plagiarism, authorship, data management, IP and ethics)
- changing your candidature conditions (e.g. leave, upgrades, transfers and attendance status)
- the professional development opportunities available to you through the University's career and research skills training (CaRST) program
- student services on campus (e.g. library, IT, counselling and disability)
- keeping your research on track and what to do when things go wrong
- the role of the Education Welfare Officers (EWOs) and the Adelaide University Union (AUU).
At the end of the Induction you will be asked to complete a quiz on what you have learned. After you have completed the quiz with a pass mark of 100%, Graduate Centre staff will record your completion of the induction milestone.
Undertaking the online induction is a compulsory requirement of your candidature which must be completed within one month of starting your research degree.