The University holds presentation ceremonies three times a year for students who have been conferred into their awards; ceremony dates are available on the Graduations website.
As part of the conferral process you will need to indicate how you wish to receive your parchment. Please note that if you do not indicate how you wish to receive your parchment, one will not be printed for you.
You do not need to attend a graduation ceremony in order to graduate from the University of Adelaide. However, for many, participating in a graduation ceremony provides a valued opportunity to celebrate their achievement with family, friends and University colleagues.
It is important that you familiarise yourself with the relevant deadlines for attendance at your preferred graduation ceremony. Further information on the Graduations Deadlines.
All correspondence regarding graduations will be sent to your University of Adelaide email address only, so it is important to check your University email account regularly.
You will need to log on to Access Adelaide periodically to manage the graduation process, specifically to:
- check for an automatic application/ submit a manual application for conferral
- check that your award details are correct
- check that all personal details are correct
- view your graduation status letter
- check that your award has been conferred
- choose to collect your parchment at a graduation ceremony or
- choose to collect your parchment in absentia and select your preferred collection method (e.g. in person, by mail).
For further information about graduation, including application, conferral, ceremony allocation, tickets, etc., please refer to the Graduations website.
Please note that the Graduate Centre is not be confused with ‘Graduations’ or the ‘Graduations Office’. Once you have received confirmation of your examination outcome from the Graduate Centre, all future enquiries about the graduation process should be directed to Graduations on 8313 0899.