Reward & Recognition
The University believes its staff should work in an environment where they are valued and where exceptional performance is recognised.
Such an environment also provides for greater job satisfaction, increased staff motivation and productivity, and improves attraction and retention rates.
Reward and recognition reinforces the University’s strategic vision by recognising contributions or behaviour that supports its goals and objectives.
Recognition is about acknowledgement and appreciation – it is a transparent message to staff that their discretionary effort is noticed and valued.
To ensure a fair and consistent approach within the University, staff may be recognised for the following exceptional contributions, including but not limited to:
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Excellence in learning and teaching, or research and research training.
- Exceptional innovation or improvement.
- Customer satisfaction and service.
- Outstanding community engagement.
- Exemplary effort or achievement in the core areas of our people, processes, infrastructure and community.
Academic staff members are eligible to apply for promotion when they believe they have achieved and can demonstrate quality of performance appropriate to the level sought.