Leading Transitions (for people leaders)
As the University continues to position itself for success now and into the future, people leaders in the University will continue to lead and support changes to structure, business and people practices that may arise in their work areas.
Results of the 2016 Your Voice Staff Survey indicate that change management is a key development area for the University, requiring leaders to strengthen their capabilities to effectively support and lead people through change.
Leading Transitions aims to enhance the confidence and capability of people leaders to support and lead teams and individuals who are impacted by change.
Active participation in the workshop and activities will assist you to:
- Define role and responsibilities as change leader within your work context.
- Identify areas of strength and development in how you currently fulfil your role as change leader.
- Adapt your change leadership approach according to the type of environment in which you are leading.
- Recognise and appropriately address a variety of responses to change in your work area.
- Apply insights, strategies and tools to communicate effectively and support your team members during change in line with the University’s change management processes and EA requirements.
- Adopt a coaching approach to supporting people in the various stages of change.
- Recognise which of your behaviours are helpful and which are unhelpful during times of change.
- Engage in constructive conversations during times of change.
- Develop an Action Plan to enhance the way you lead change in the workplace.
- Identify a range of tools, resources and post-workshop activities that you will utilise to embed and sustain your development.
In 2017, Leading Transitions workshops will be run as part of EDAG/Head of School or Branch leadership meetings. These will be tailored through consultation to ensure they address local priorities and needs in change leadership.
If you are not part of the leadership team in your work area but would like to develop your change management capabilities, you may wish to attend a Navigating Change workshop (available for both staff and managers).
Alternatively please contact Learning and Development should you wish to discuss change management capability needs for you or your team further.
Leading Transitions workshops will be offered via calendar invite to in-tact leadership teams in:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of ECMS
- Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Professions
- Faculty of Sciences
- Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (Academic)
- Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (Research)
- Division of the Vice-Chancellor & President
- Division of University Operation