Below you will find all frequently asked questions relating to the University of Adelaide's HR Online Systems.
- Casual Employment Online (CASPA)
- Recruitment System (PageUp)
- Staff Services Online (SSO)
- Workforce Analytics Dashboard (SSO)
I need to amend a position description (PD), what do I need to do?
If you need to make any changes to a position description it will need to be re-approved as per the Quick Reference Guide.
Is there any change to the process for selection criteria for academics?
You will still be required to add selection criteria to job cards for advertised academic positions and direct appointments for new academic staff.
What about position descriptions created as a part of PSR?
All position descriptions which were created and approved as part of PSR will be added to the Position Description Library over the next few months. If you wish to appoint to one of those positions and you don’t see it in the Library please contact Recruitment to ask for it to be added.
I already have a job on my dashboard which has been advertissed with an approved position description prior to 21 March 2017. Does this need to be re-approved?
There is no need to get the PD re-approved. The PD which formed part of the requisition will be used to send out with the contract and added to the Position Description Library for future use.
I already have a job on my dashboard which has been advertised with no position number prior to 21 March 2017.
You will be able to proceed to make an offer without a position number and if required a number will be created prior to the offer being made.
Who should I contact with assistance for AppoINT?
Your local area Hiring Coordinator is the first point of contact if you require assistance with recruitment.
If you are the allocated Hiring Coordinator and do not have the required access, please contact Recruitment.
System access issues will be handled by the IT Service Desk on 8313 3000.
Need support or help troubleshooting in AppoINT? Contact the HR Service Centre via the online general enquiry form or on 8313 1111.
Casual Employment Online (CASPA)
Where can CASPA be accessed?
CASPA is accessed via two locations depending on the action you are completing.
- Create contract
- Search for contract
- Clone a contract
- Amend a contract
- Terminate a contract
- Create timesheet
- Amend timesheet (redirect to BPW for action)
- Update saved timesheet (redirect to BPW for action)
- Budget review a contract
- Approve a contract
- Update a saved contract
- Review a timesheet
- Validate a timesheet
- Amend a timesheet
- Update a saved timesheet
Is CASPA training avaliable?
Training is available to Contract Coordinators from Technology Services. It is important for Contract Coordinators to attend both training sessions to ensure they can provide the correct level of support to CASPA users in their local area. To register for CASPA training click on the following link:
- CASPA contract management
- CASPA timesheet management
How do I amend a contract through CASPA?
A contract can be amended by the Contract Coordinator after it has been approved. This may be before or after the casual has started work. If the Contract Coordinator realises that the contract needs to be changed before it has been approved, then he/she should request that the approver pushes the contract back for amendment.
Some important points to remember when amending a contract:
- The amendments as of date cannot be the same as the start date.
- When amending a contract for a date in the future or for the current casual pay period, choose the beginning of the pay period for the amendments as of date.
- You cannot amend a contract using an amendments as of date for a previous pay period, as payment will have been made. If this is necessary, make the amendment for the second day then call the HR Service Centre who will make the adjustment. Careful planning will usually prevent the need for this.
Instructions on how to amend a contract are available in the Contract Coordinator training guide available from Technology Services.
- How do I set up a casual contract for greater than 12 months?
How do I amend an email address that a casual offer of employment was/will be sent to?
If the offer of employment was/will be sent to an incorrect email address, there are several options to remedy this:
- If the contract has not yet been approved, the Contract Coordinator can request the contract/budget approver push back the contract. This can then be amended and resubmitted for approval and acceptance.
- If the contract has been approved and is awaiting acceptance, the Contract Coordinator can wait until the offer bounces back to them after seven days. Once seven days has passed, an email and task will be sent to the Contract Coordinator. The Contract Coordinator can then correct the email address for re-submission.
- Where the contract is awaiting acceptance and it needs to be resubmitted urgently, the Contract Coordinator can contact the HR Service Centre for urgent action.
Note: the Contract Coordinator will receive an email notifying them of the address to which the email will be sent. If the email address is incorrect, contact the Budget Approver to have it pushed back.
Why doesn't the link in my casual offer of employment email work?
The link in the email is only valid for seven days. If the contract is not accepted after seven days from when it is sent, the offer will be sent back to the Contract Coordinator for re-submission.
If you were unable to accept the offer within seven days of receiving it, please contact your Contract Coordinator for re-submission.
- Why haven't I received my casual offer of employment yet?
- Why do I see the "£" (pounds) symbol instead of the $(dollars) symbol in my timesheet?
Why haven't I received my casual offer of employment yet?
There are several reasons why you may not have received your casual offer of employment yet.
- It may have been submitted to an incorrect email address. Contact your Contract Coordinator to find out what email address they entered for you. If this is incorrect your Contract Coordinator can then organise for this to be amended and re-submitted to the correct email address.
- The offer of employment may have been automatically sent to your junk/spam folder in your email client. The email is sent firstname.lastname@example.org by therefore some email clients treat this as spam. Check your junk/spam folders. If this is the case you will need to update your email settings to mark “adelaide.edu.au” as a safe sender. A guide is available on the HR Website
I'm having issues entering my banking details when accepting my casual offer of employment. What do I do?
Instruction on how to complete the bank details (financial institution) section can be found in the How to: Accept Your Online Offer of Casual Employment Through CASPA guide.
Some important points when entering bank details in your online offer are:
- If you are entering details for a credit union and cannot find your bank name, you should use CRU as the bank name.
- Enter the BSB without spaces or dashes.
- Always select the option in the drop down for bank name and BSB for the details to populate correctly.
I've submitted my timesheet, but I incorrectly entered too many/few hours. How can I fix this?
It is best to request a “push back” if the timesheet has not yet been validated/reviewed. Instructions on how to action a pushed back timesheet are available from HR.
If the timesheet has already been validated but has not yet been paid an amendment can be done through the Unified portal by selecting the “Amend Submitted Timesheet” button.
If your timesheet has already been paid you will no longer be able to make any amendments through CASPA. You will need to seek assistance from you Contract Coordinator to make a manual amendment.
Delays to payments and adjustments can be expected with this manual offline process
I've selected 'create new casual timesheet' but nothing is happening. What should I do?
The default setting for the pop-up blocker might be switched on. Therefore you will need to allow adelaide.edu.au pop-ups in order to generate a contract/timesheet or action a worklist (BPW) item.
Guides to help manage your pop-up blocker settings are avaliable from Technology Services.
- Is it possible for me to view and action the CASPA worklist items on behalf of another Contract Coordinator?
- The dropdown list doesn't include the relevant task for the casual contract I am entering into CASPA. What should I select?
Which web browsers support CASPA?
Mozilla Firefox is the preferred browser when using CASPA. However, it can also be accessed using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
Some functionalities may appear differently, depending on the browser as well the regional settings of the browser. Guides to help manage your browser settings are avaliable from Technology Services.
- Who is my Contract Coordinator?
Who should I contact for assistance with CASPA?
The CASPA website offers the following resources:
- A comprehensive toolkit
- Quick reference guides and online tutorials
- Your supervisor
- Contract Coordinators
HR Service Centre
- Phone: 8313 1111
- Email: email@example.com
For general IT issues please contact Technology Services on ext 33000.
- Can CRAFT be used on mobile devices?
- How are the processing times calculated on the visualiser?
- How do I access CRAFT?
How do I assign my CRAFT responsibilities to another staff member whilst I'm on leave?
If you hold HR delegations you will need to complete a Temporary HR Delegation Request Form.
If you do not hold HR delegations, please contact the User List Coordinator from your area. They can add the staff member covering your role whilst you are on leave.
- How do I change the details if the task has been approved and is currently sitting with HR at the contract generation step?
How do I change the details in a contract if the task is still within the approval process?
The form can be declined by the approver. This will then workflow back to the School Contact to make any required updates which will start the approval process again.
To view the status of a contract and identify who the task is sitting with, use the How to: Locate a Contract/View Contract Status quick reference guide.
- How do I convert a staff member from fixed-term to continuing?
- How do I get added to a CRAFT user list?
How does an employee receive/accept their offer of employment if they have lost access to the University System?
If the contract has already been generated and emailed then the contract needs to be re-sent to an alternative email address and accepted offline. The Recruitment and Appointment team leader will manually accept the contract in PeopleSoft. The contract can be generated once the online approval occurs, emailed to an alternative email address and accepted offline. The Recruitment and Appointment team leader can manually accept the contract in PeopleSoft. Under all circumstances, the renewal must be approved online.
What do I do if I receive a task to action a task for my own contract?
Contact the HR Service Centre to re-assign the task/ Alternatively,contact the User List Coordinator to have an employee added to the user list (who has the appropriate delegations) to action/approve the review task.
What is the standard turnaround time for tasks sitting with Human Resources within CRAFT?
For contract renewals HR process two steps. Firstly, for the validation and secondly for the contract generation. Both steps have a two-and-a-half-day turn-around time.
For terminations, the turn-around time for processing is five days.
Please note: these are the standard turnaround times and may vary during peak periods.
Recruitment System (PageUp)
For further information please contact Human Resources.