Make Our Team Your Team
Do you want to innovate and need an R&D resource?
As a member of the Group of 8 , the University of Adelaide attracts some of world’s top researchers. At IMER, we have more than 200 of the world’s experts to help you innovate and push past challenges in your business.
And what we really excel at is action – meeting challenges when and how you need it most. See our track record when it comes to delivering results for industry.
Partner With Us
We’re here to help your business through challenge-led research. We’re currently doing just that with more than 70 companies and government agencies. Browse our list of current sponsors.
Here’s how we work:
Contact us now to express interest in partnering with us
We assemble multidisciplinary teams to address your interdisciplinary global challenges.
Your first point of contact no matter what the discipline.
If you want to innovate in the mineral and energy resources sector, we suggest you tap into the relevant research happening in other fields.
We have strong links across all parts of the University of Adelaide, including (to name a few) Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing, the Environment Institute, the Australian Centre for Visual Technologies, the Business School and more. We can assemble the right multidisciplinary team for your project.
Ways To Work With Us
- Collaborative Projects
Start a new project with us or join an existing one. Our current projects include:
- ARC Research Hub for Australian Copper-Uranium
- ARENA Solar Thermal for Alumina Project
- Iron Oxide (Fox) Project
- ARC Commercial scale production of biocrude by hydrothermal liquefaction
- ARENA Australian Energy Storage Knowledge bank
- AuScope National MT Facility
We can also make the most of projects by leveraging them against other funding sources where possible.
- Funding Support
Generating new ideas, technologies and processes can be costly. We can help you navigate the different funding options and processes as well as find you a suitable academic partner.
We interact with many funding agencies on a regular basis.
Key Australian Government Organisations
- Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
- Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Programme
- National Innovation and Science Agenda
- Industry Growth Centres
Key South Australian Government Organisations
- Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE)
- Mining and Petroleum Services Centre of Excellence
- Renewables SA
Industry Associations and Organisations
Greater benefits are available when you commit to a longer-term collaboration. We offer a range of partnership tiers to maximise benefits at multiple scales. Our partnership agreements are transparent with clear outlines of our commitment and responsibility.
Our current research alliances include:
- OZ Minerals Research Alliance
- Santos Sponsorship and support
- BHP Billiton collaborations on the ARC Research Hub for Australian Copper-Uranium, the Iron Oxide (FOX) Research Program, and more.
- South Australian Department of State Development, for example through the Mining and Petroleum Services Centre of Excellence.
- Contract Research
Highly-skilled researchers and PhD postgraduate students with access to specialised equipment may be available to undertake research on specific challenges.
- Professional Development
If you’re looking to increase the capabilities of your staff, consider the following opportunities:
- World-class teaching through a University of Adelaide short course, degree or higher learning.
- The National Exploration Undercover School (NExUS) for mineral exploration students and early-career professionals.
- Industry-based short courses.