Bike Sheds Access
If you would like access to the bike sheds on campus please complete the form below to submit a request. You must be a currently enrolled student or a staff member to receive access. In using the bike shed you agree to the below conditions of use.
Bike shed access requests typically take 2-3 business days to process and are processed in the order that we receive them. Please ensure that all requests are submitted in advance, to avoid any inconvenience
Limitation on parking
- Bikes that are locked up or left on university grounds for more than 30 days may be deemed 'abandoned' and gifted to a charity or not-for profit organisation
- Secure bike sheds and racks are available on a first-come, first served basis and spaces cannot be ‘reserved’ by leaving locks on them overnight or on weekends.
- Rusted and cobwebbed bike locks left unused in University bike cages for long periods of time may be removed in order to keep facilities in good condition and make room for current staff and students to park their bikes.
- Conditions of Use
- University staff and students with a current ID card are eligible to use the bike sheds.
- Riders will respect other bike shed users property.
- Riders will ensure the bike shed is locked after use.
- Riders shall not leave a bike(s) in the bike shed** for more than 30 consecutive days.
- If a bike(s) has been left in the shed more than 30 days, it will be identified by University Security Staff and deemed ‘abandoned’.
- If your bike is deemed ‘abandoned’ you will receive notification on your bicycle and have another 10 days to remove the bike(s) from the shed.
- After this time, the University of Adelaide reserves the right to cut and remove bike lock(s), the identified bike, and any other accessories located on the bike (e.g. helmet) from the shed.
- Once the bike and its accessories are removed from the shed, the owner has no right of recourse or compensation for its removal.
- Abandoned bikes will be gifted to a charity or not-for profit organisation.
It is also strongly advised that bikes are securely locked when they are inside the shed. For more information on securing your bike, visit the Security Services Office.
**Please note: As per the University By-Laws (25 July 2017), the same abandoned bike rules apply to bicycles parked on campus. Bikes that are locked up or left anywhere on university grounds for more than 30 days will be deemed 'abandoned' and will be gifted to a charity or not-for profit organisation.
Use of the bike sheds is on a first come, first served basis. Please do not expect to have the same bike park each day. Happy and safe cycling!