Skip to content

Event Support

  • Alcohol on Campus

    The North Terrace, Waite and Roseworthy Campuses are covered under the University of Adelaide's general liquor licence. This licence allows the serving of alcohol by staff and students for University and Club purposes only.

    The UofA liquor licence does not cover the following:

    • External events involving the serving of alcohol
    • Internal or External events involving alcohol being sold, this includes alcohol as part of the entry price, alcohol given away for a donation and/or alcohol supplied as part of a club membership.
      • Please note: Selling of alcohol is permitted in certain locations on campus, if you are unsure if your event is located in one of these spaces please contact Facilities Bookings.

    For more clarity on whether your event requires a liquor licence please refer to the Liquor Licence Flowchart.

    All event organisers hosting a function involving alcohol on the UofA grounds must complete the Application to Serve Alcohol Form in the first instance and then follow the below steps:

    • Complete a Risk Assessment and Alcohol On Campus Checklist,
    • Organise a temporary 'once off event' liquor licence if applicable
      • This step does not apply if the alcohol is being sold/served by the University of Adelaide Club as they will cover your event under their liquor licence.
      • This step does not apply if you are a UofA Staff/Student and your event involves the service of alcohol only.
    • Organise a responsible person (RP). This is a member of the event with an appropriate RSA badge. The RP must not consume any alcohol and must be present for the duration of the event,
    • If your event has over 30 people in attendance a Security Guard must be hired to monitor your event. for every 100 people in attendance an additional guard must be hired.

    For any additional information on alcohol on campus please contact Facilities Bookings or visit the Alcohol Management & Use Policy page.

  • Audio Visual

    All UofA teaching spaces come with access to our standard AV equipment. In most cases this includes: projector, projector/TV screens, built in PC, microphones and audio equipment.

    If you require additional AV equipment or would like to hire an AV technician to assist with your event please contact the ITDS Service Desk on: (08) 8313 3000 or email them at:

    Technology Services provides audio-visual equipment and support for the venues within the University. AV technicians will deliver equipment to the Common Teaching venue, set up and provide training on its use (if required).

    Training can be arranged at a mutually convenient time through the Facilities Bookings office.

    Please note:

    • 48 hours notice is required if AV equipment is to be supplied on time.
    • Equipment is only available in venues which are considered Common Teaching Areas (CTA).

    Please Note: AV assistance for the Scott Theatre is organised through Scene Change. Contact details below:

    Scene Change
    Nick Waterman
    (08) 8371 0596 | 0415 734 910

  • Authority to display banners

    To place a banner on University fences or grounds persons/groups must seek approval from the Facilities Bookings office.

    Applications must include information regarding the size of the banner, how the group intend to secure the banner, how long the banner will be in place and any Occupational Health and Safety issues.

    For a small fee (rates will vary with each job) the Facilities Bookings office will organise to have the banner placed in the approved location

    All material and design of banner is subject to approval by Marketing and Communications, phone 830 35174 for details.

  • Catering

    The University of Adelaide has a wide variety of caterers located on our campuses.

    For information and contact details for the UofA's preferred caterers at North Terrace, Waite and Roseworthy Campuses please visit the Campus Catering website.

    Third Party Caterers

    If the event is to be catered by a third party caterer (i.e. not the University of Adelaide Club or National Wine Centre Pty Ltd) and involves the service of alcohol, the caterer must be approved by the Alcohol Compliance Officer or Bookings & Events Coordinator.

  • Furniture Hire

    The University of Adelaide does not offer furniture hire.

    For the hire of trestle table/cocktail tables please contact the University of Adelaide Staff Club on 8313 3077 or

    For larger items such as dinner tables, marquees and kitchen facilities please contact an external provider such as White Marquee or Atlas Party Hire.

  • Parking

    Parking on campus for the general public is restricted to outside of 7am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday. For Parking outside of these hours a ticket must be purchased and displayed on the windshield of your vehicle at all times. Ticket machines can be found in all UofA car parks.

    Parking permits can be supplied to all event organisers. Up to x2 complimentary permits may be provided per event with an additional X3 supplied for $20.00 per day per permit.

    Note: Parking Permits only allow you to park your vehicle between white lined spaces unless bunting for specific spaces has been organised with Facilities Bookings.

    To organise parking permits for your event or for more information please contact Facilities Bookings or visit the Parking Website.

  • Room Hire Guidelines

    An extensive list of room guidelines coming soon.

    For any further information or clarity on any points in the document, contact Facilities Booking.

Still have Questions?

Contact us to discuss your event.

Internal bookingExternal booking


Infrastructure Branch

Maintenance Services:
+61 8 8313 4008
Campus Security:
+61 8 8313 5990
General enquiries: Phone +61 8 8313 6110: Email: