Skip to content

Facilities Bookings

Facilities Bookings provide the central booking service for all common teaching spaces [Internal Use Only] and audio visual equipment. All external approvals such as liquor licences are the responsibility of the event organiser.

Staff and students can use the Online Web Room Booking System to book rooms and facilities on campus.

To view Timetabling for rooms and facilities bookings refer 2017 Timetable Viewer.

For anyone external to the University wanting to hire a University of Adelaide space please use the Events Booking Form.

Please contact Facilities Bookings, 8313 5151 if you'd like any further information.

  • Facilities Available
    bonython hall

    Bookings and Events

    Contact: Toni Pihodnya
    Phone: 8313 5151

    • Bonython Hall
    • Scott Theatre
    • All Lecture Theatres 
    • Union House:
      • Rumours Cafe
      • Margaret Murray
      • W.P. Rogers
      • Union Cinema
      • Cloisters
    • AHMS Building
    • Waite Campus
    • Roseworthy Campus

    Elder Hall

    Elder Hall

    Contact: Elder Hall Facilities Bookings 
    Phone: 8313 5925

    Urrbrae House Historic Precinct

    Urrbrae House

    Contact: Amanda Jackson
    Phone: 8313 7497

    Outdoor Facilities

    Please contact Facilities Bookings if interested in hiring any of the areas listed below for a general public event.

    For internal bookings, please use the Web Room Booking System.

  • Catering and Events
    catering event


    Contact: Brad Hicks
    Phone: 8313 5240

    • Eclipse Room
    • Harry Medlin Room North
    • Harry Medlin Room South
    • BBQ Hire
    • Catered events located at the North Terrace Campus

    National Wine Centre

    Phone: 8313 3355

    • Caters for events at the North Terrace Campus.

    Third Party Caterers

    If the event is to be catered by a third party caterer (i.e. not the University of Adelaide Club or National Wine Centre Pty Ltd) and involves the service of alcohol, the caterer must be approved by the Alcohol Compliance Officer or Bookings & Events Coordinator.

  • Event Support

    Audio Visual Equipment Bookings

    Technology Services provides audio-visual equipment for the venues within the University. AV technicians will deliver equipment to the Common Teaching venue, set up and provide training on its use (if required). Training can be arranged at a mutually convenient time through the Facilities Bookings office.

    Please note:

    • 48 hours notice is required if AV equipment is to be supplied on time.
    • equipment is only available in venues which are considered Common Teaching Areas (CTA).

    Authority to Display Banners

    To place a banner on University fences or grounds persons/groups must seek approval from the Facilities Bookings office.

    Applications must include information regarding the size of the banner, how the group intend to secure the banner, how long the banner will be in place and any Occupational Health and Safety issues.

    For a small fee (rates will vary with each job) the Facilities Bookings office will organise through to have the banner placed in the approved location

    All material and design of banner is subject to approval by Marketing and Communications, phone 830 35174 for details.

    Liquor Licence Applications

    Any group wishing to serve alcohol on campus grounds is required to follow the steps below:

      1. Read the University's Alcohol Management and Use Policy opens link in new window and review the Alcohol Management Flowchart.
      2. Apply for permission to serve alcoholic beverages on campus:

        1. If your event is hosted by or in conjunction with the University of Adelaide Club: please email the University of Adelaide Club.


      1. If your event is NOT hosted by or in conjunction with the University of Adelaide Club: please complete the Application to Serve Alcohol on Campus form.

    Please note: the License Holder is responsible for ensuring that alcohol is served in a manner that reflects the potential risks it poses for health and safety. University staff or students wishing to serve alcohol on campus must have a current and appropriate Liquor Licence for the event and a Responsible Person from the University of Adelaide Club present at the event at all times.

    For more information about the University’s obligations under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 (SA) please contact Legal & Risk on 08 8313 4539.


Infrastructure Branch

Maintenance Services:
+61 8 8313 4008
Campus Security:
+61 8 8313 5990
General Enquiries