Throughout 2017 and 2018 the Barr Smith library will be embarking on a series of changes to benefit both students and staff of the University of Adelaide. Investment priority will be the refurbishment of the Barr Smith Library facilities and systems.
These changes will see a new, vibrant library emerge, one that continues to celebrate and support the scholarly traditions of the University. The multifaceted program of change is underpinned by the Library of the Future report recommendations, released in 2016, which provides a vision for the future library and its services.
- Planning and consultation commenced in 2017 and will continue throughout 2018.
- Approval for the project works on Level 1 of the Barr Smith Library.
- Architectural design team to develop Library Masterplan brief and create a staging plan for refurbishment
- Engage with student cohorts on the more tangible aspects of the project such as study space definition and furniture selection
- Communicate the design and project staging to the wider university
- Development of a business case aligned with the 5 year Infrastructure strategy.
Barr Smith Library block stack diagrams
- Barr Smith Library Future Facilities Consultation Workshop - September 2017
- Visit the Library website
Acting Manager, Space Allocation & Planning: Mary White, 831 36350