Redevelopment of the old Council Chamber transformed an underutilised formal meeting room into an adaptable office and collaboration space.
The revamped space know as 'The Cog', is occupied by a range of teaching staff from across the University and features designated spaces for creative design and workshops. Pink highlights on the carpeted floor show where the round Council table and hot-pink upholstered chairs used to be.
- Location: Level 7, Kenneth Wills, North Terrace Campus
- Size: 379 m2
- Cost: $1.5 million
- Completed: June 2017
- Architect: JPE Design Studio
- Refurbished open-plan office with independent, spontaneous and collaborative work zones
- AV-enabled meeting rooms, nooks and social spaces
- Full height windows, providing an abundance of natural light and views of Elder Hall
- Upgraded maintenance and safety equipment