Elder Walkway Project
Conservation works to the northern end of Elder Hall and adjacent walkway are due for completion in 2018. The work will be undertaken in various stages to minimise disruption to staff and students.
- Demolition of Elder Hall 1961 extension
- Replacement of damaged walkway
- Re-routing of major services
- Removal of residual asbestos containing products
- Replacement of failing structure and damaged (suspended) walkway.
Deliverables of the project are:
- Increased amenity with the provision of a usable plaza
- Improved accessibility to Hub central and Elder Hall
- Conservation and restoration of Elder Hall facade
- Increased accessibility of major services for maintenance and replacement.