Industry and Host Oganisations
Hosting University of Adelaide students for internships is a genuine win-win arrangement.
Our students get to sharpen their real-world professional skills and industry insight. You get access to some of the best and brightest young minds in the state—and a lot more besides.
"Having interns as part of our team has supported our culture of sharing, teaching and mentoring. Interns have provided us different perspectives supporting outside of the box solutions."Madhumita Mazumdar (General Manager ICT – Journey Beyond)
The benefits of hosting
Your organisation will benefit in numerous ways from hosting one of our interns. For example, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- utilise the students' new ideas, fresh perspectives and positive energy
- identify and attract future talent for your organisation
- help shape your industry’s future by contributing to emerging professionals’ development
- develop your existing staff professionally by building their mentoring and supervisory skills
- create strong links with our world-class research and academic staff.
To host a University of Adelaide intern, your organisation will need the capacity to maintain the internship for a minimum of 20 days, and provide the student with:
- an appropriate workload of relevant and meaningful tasks for the full period
- a professional working environment that allows them to develop their knowledge
- work facilities, including access to a desk, computer, etc.
- a suitable supervisor.
Ready to take the first step?
If you’re interested in hosting a University of Adelaide student within your organisation, let’s talk. Submit an expression-of-interest form below and a member of our Internships team will be in touch as soon as possible.