Industry & Host Organisations
Hosting University of Adelaide students for internships is a genuine win-win arrangement.
Our students get to sharpen their real-world professional skills and industry insight. You get access to some of the best and brightest young minds in the state—and a lot more.
Having interns as part of our team has supported our culture of sharing, teaching and mentoring. Interns have provided us different perspectives supporting outside of the box solutions.
General Manager ICT – Journey Beyond
The benefits of hosting
Your organisation will benefit in numerous ways from hosting one of our interns. For example, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- utilise the students' new ideas, fresh perspectives and positive energy
- identify and attract future talent for your organisation
- help shape your industry’s future by contributing to emerging professionals’ development
- develop your existing staff professionally by building their mentoring and supervisory skills
- create strong links with our world-class research and academic staff.
To host a University of Adelaide intern, your organisation will need the capacity to maintain the internship for a minimum of 20 days, and provide the student with:
- an appropriate workload of relevant and meaningful tasks for the full period
- a professional working environment that allows them to develop their knowledge
- work facilities, including access to a desk, computer, etc.
- a suitable supervisor
- students are covered by University insurance in most cases, however we do require our hosts to also have public liability insurance of at least $10M.
HARD software is a prominent organisation that implements innovative software solutions for the renewable energy industry. Software Developer, Marcel, contacted the University of Adelaide late 2020 for what would be HARD software’s first ever intern. Based in Technology Park and having renowned clients, the University of Adelaide worked closely with HARD software to ensure we found the most suitable candidate for the position, which we did! Ahmed Azhar, a Bachelor of Computer Science student.
Ahmed started his internship in late November and throughout his time was an absolute star with praising feedback.
“Ahmed has produced high quality, production ready code which will perform a business critical function for our infrastructure team. Ahmed was able to work with his colleagues in a professional and personable manner with ease”.Marcel, HARD software
Upon completion of his internship on 15th January, we found out Ahmed had gained part time employment with HARD software. Congratulations Ahmed and thank you HARD software for your support. We look forward to working with you in 2021!
University of Adelaide Alumni
Hosting an intern is a great way of maintaining links with your University, and contributing to the development of current students. As a member of our distinguished alumni network, we invite you to consider hosting interns, either remotely or face to face within your organisation.
Ready to take the first step?
If you’re interested in hosting a University of Adelaide student within your organisation, let’s talk. Submit an internship project proposal form, and a member of our Internships team will be in touch as soon as possible.