The Braggs Building
Headquarters to IPAS
The Australian Federal Government, South Australian State Government, Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), Defence SA and the University of Adelaide invested over $95M to construct a headquarters for the Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing, which now houses a unique suite of transdisciplinary laboratories.
These facilities include:
- glass development and processing,
- optical fibre fabrication,
- laser and device development,
- luminescence dating,
- environmental genomics,
- photonic sensor development, and
- synthetic, surface and bio-chemistry.
The Braggs houses offices to co-locate IPAS researchers and students from a broad range of scientific disciplines.
The Braggs also incorporates a 420-seat lecture theatre and other teaching and research facilities.