Justice Antonin Scalia to visit Adelaide
for Conference on 21st Century Advocacy
Friday 4 February 2011
The University of Adelaide is honoured to announce Justice Antonin Scalia, prominent United States Supreme Court jurist, will be in Adelaide on Friday 4 February 2011 for an Australian conference on 21st Century Advocacy.
Justice Scalia will participate in a range of exciting events in the conference program, including a lead role as principal speaker on 21st Century Advocacy and an 'In Conversation' with Julian Burnside AO QC, which is proudly sponsored by Lipman Karas.
With a focus on modes of effective advocacy in various jurisdictions, the conference will be a major event on public advocacy.
Keynote speakers include:
- Justice Antonin Scalia, United States Supreme Court
- The Honourable Michael Kirby AC CMG, Former Justice of the High Court of Australia
- Chief Justice John Doyle AC, South Australian Supreme Court
- David Bennett AC QC, former Solicitor-General of Australia
- The Honorable Alexander Downer, former Foreign Minister of Australia
- Julian Burnside AO QC
- Justice Margaret White, Queensland Court of Appeal
- Justice Annabelle Bennett AO, Federal Court of Australia
- Senator the Hon. George Brandis SC
- The Hon. Justice Tony Pagone
The full schedule of events is outlined in the conference program. Attendance at the conference would meet the annual requirements for the SA Bar Association CPD rules.
The conference equals 4.45 hours for CPD schemes. The 'In Conversation' equals 1 hour for CPD schemes. Total for the conference and 'In Conversation' is 5.45 hours for CPD schemes.
We greatly thank the 2011 Advocacy Conference sponsors: