Student Information on the use of Learning Analytics
The University of Adelaide (UoA) uses data and evidence-based information to improve learning and teaching for a better learning experience for students, to achieve efficiency in administration in student support and services, the management of the relationship between the University and our students and managing online systems. The use of data also contributes to research and scholarship in learning and teaching.
Data from learning and teaching systems include information from the UoA’s Learning Management System (CANVAS and ECHO 360), UoA's websites and other tools and technologies, logs and/or metadata relating to individual user access and activity within University systems and outputs generated via activity in the learning and teaching systems (e.g., marks, grades, feedback and/or other performance measures).
To ensure that students' privacy is protected, the collection,
- SA Privacy and Security Statement and Information Privacy Principles
- UoA IT Acceptable Use and Security Policy
- Student Charter
As a student at the University of Adelaide, you are expected to:
- Provide accurate and complete information to the University.
- Respect the privacy and personal rights of other students and staff.
- Use the University's systems and technologies ethically and responsibly.
- Be familiar and current with University policies.
For any questions on the use of student data, please email the project team.