Studio opening hours
Open Library Hours:
Click here for detailed library opening hours.
Barr Smith Library Recording Studio
University of Adelaide staff can access the Barr Smith Recording Studio, a self-serve video recording facility. It is located in the Barr Smith Library on Level 2, Barr Smith South.
This studio can accommodate more conversation/discussion style presentations (e.g. a panel discussion) and is larger than the Napier 112 Recording Suite.
At the Barr Smith Recording Studio, you can:
- record a presentation, for example a PowerPoint presentation
- record a camera feed, for example you delivering to the camera (“talking head”)
- record a presentation and a camera feed (Picture in Picture), or
- use live keying against a green screen, which shows you standing in front of an image or presentation that may be in the background.
The studio has an inbuilt PC that can be used for presenting, or you can bring your own device, which you can connect through an HDMI input. To get started, all you need to bring is a blank USB 2.0 stick (8G - 32G) to record on.
Booking the studio
Use your Outlook calendar to check studio availability and to make a booking. Add “barrsmithlibraryrecordingstudio" to a calendar invite like you would when inviting a colleague. Once the studio is added, you will be able to see the availability by clicking on 'Scheduling'. Some of the key things to remember include:
- bookings are a minimum of 1 hour and maximum of 3 hours
- same-day bookings will NOT be accepted
- bookings are tentative until they have been accepted/confirmed by a delegate of the Barr Smith Library Recording Studio
- contact BarrSmithLibraryRecordingStudio@adelaide.edu.au if you require any assistance with your booking
- access cards can be collected from the Barr Smith Library Information Desk. Note: You must have an existing booking and show your staff ID card to be issued an access card.
How to find the studio
The Barr Smith Library Recording Studio is located in the Barr Smith Library on Level 2, Barr Smith South.